Many Andalusians have a hard time moving around with their pets if they try to come from public transport such as the AVE or bus. And so, since September Renfe started a pilot test Allows you to travel on AVE and Long Distance trains Large dogs up to 40kg (On some trains on the Madrid-Barcelona route), the fact is that there are many restrictions as a general rule on animals that can travel.
Animals I can catch in AVE, Medium and Long Range, and Avant
They think about it in Renfe You can travel as long as your pet is small. and is a pet (dogs, cats, ferrets, and non-poultry birds are considered pets). Small size refers to the fact that the animal weighs no more than 10 kilograms.
In the case of AVE and Long Distance trains, this must always travel in a carrier or cage with a maximum dimensions of 60x35x35 cm. Rent also requires only 1 pet trip per person and that the ticket allows such a trip with your pet. That is, they should always travel on their own. pet ticket and does not occupy space.
-Premium ticket: allows your pet to travel for free.
-Basic ticket or Selection: You will have to pay an additional 10 Euros to take your pet with you.
On the contrary, On Media Distancia and Avant trains, You can travel with your pet as long as it complies with the rules stated above, but your pet does not occupy a seat and the ticket price is 25% of the general fare. website.
Traveling with your pet on Cercanías trains
Rente informs you that on Cercanías trains, such as the Seville-Lora Del Río route, pets travel free with the passenger and do not need a ticket. Moreover Since there is no weight limit, there is flexibility in size.they must be on a leash and muzzle so that they do not have to travel in a carrier or cage.
As AVE, Medium and Long Distance and Avant trainsonly one pet is allowed per person, these are dogs, cats and birds (nothing about ferrets is mentioned on the web, so we recommend checking with your customer service beforehand).
Additionally, you should consider the travels you have. It is not possible to bring pets by combined train + bushowever, guide and assistance dogs will always travel free of charge and will not be subject to such weight or carry restrictions.
Despite this, it is highly recommended before traveling. discuss terms directly with the company knowing exactly the required documents and limitations in terms of weight or mode of travel, in order to enjoy a safe and hassle-free journey.
What animals can I take on the bus in Andalusia?
Regarding travel time with animals city bus transportWe can declare:
-Huelva: Network EMTUSA Article 57 of the Technical Regulation on the provision of public passenger transport services (Huelva bus line) can enter the service vehicle with small pets, provided that they are carried in suitable cages or containers that do not disturb or cause inconvenience to other passengers. In any event, guide dogs accompanied by visually impaired users will always be allowed to enter the vehicle.” or dogs accompanied by monitors for their training”.
– Seville: on the website Tussam (The city bus company of the Andalusian capital) reports: “you cannot travel with animalsExcluding an accredited guide dog and small pets carried in a closed container not exceeding 45 x 35 x 25 cm and a blind curtain.
-Malaga: on the internet EMT (The organization that provides land public transport services by buses in the city of Malaga) clarifies: “access of guide dogs and pets is ALLOWED (Pets) weighing less than 10 kg in a closed container (Dimensions: 0.60 x 0.35 x 0.35 meters) and in appropriate hygienic-healthy conditions. The carrier will be responsible for any inconvenience/incident.
– Cadiz: CAR CAR (Transporte Colectivo Urbano de Cádiz), though on its website, does not mention in their regulations whether they can put pets on their buses. road tours advertised Announcement of 2020 that it is forbidden to bring pets on the bus. However, the city tram (called Trambahia) allows you to travel “small pets (dogs, cats and birds) carried on a leash or in suitable containers” as long as they are not dangerous or irritating due to their characteristics, volume. , noise and smell, for the rest of the users.”
-Cordova: Operates in this city AUCORSAwhose buses allow access with animals as long as they are traveling in an appropriate container (carrier/carrying bag), excluding guide dogs accompanied by the blind or visually impaired.
-Grenade: As with other cities such as Málaga or Córdoba, you can travel by bus in Granada. dog or cat goes in a carrier.
-Jaen: As reported by the web piperontur “new one Regulation on pets of JaénIt regulates this issue, published on July 31, 2021, but the company that operates the city buses (Autobuses Castillo) expects to communicate how the Transportes del Ayuntamiento will be implemented, as the company explained to us at the end of August. . . The new regulation provides access to public transport for dogs weighing up to 5 pounds in a bag or carrier.. In addition, the rest of the dogs will be able to “go to the nearest part of an exit door less than half a meter from the owner, using a suitable muzzle, and always being controlled by the caregiver or owner.” responsible for any event that may cause the animal. The bus operator may determine the maximum animal capacity depending on the profession of the vehicle, and this capacity cannot be less than 2 animals in any case, regardless of the occupation in question.
-Almeria: Surbus company is in charge of serving the city with city bus transportation. On the website it says “You will not be able to get into the vehicle you are carrying”. lumps disturbing passengers or occupying space for passage; nor carry animalsexcept for blind persons authorized to travel with a guide dog”.
What happens if I travel from one city to another?
There are thousands of people in Andalusia who decide to move from one city to another by bus, but when doing this with pets, it is imperative to learn about the company that provides access to animals for medium and long distance journeys.
for example ALSA allows one pet per service, limited to small pets, dogs, cats, ferrets, birds (not poultry) etc. whose weight not exceed 10 kg.
They also have a series requirements or obligations whose purpose is to protect animals during the journey:
- Animals must be over 12 weeks old.
- They must be identified electronically by microchip.
- These must be accompanied by the necessary documents identifying the animal and all up-to-date mandatory vaccinations (medical card or current and current passport) according to the regional regulations of the place of origin and destination.
- They must be parasitized internally and externally.
- Animals must be completely healthy, uninjured and able to move on their own.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to be transported and transported for one week after delivery.
- According to the category of the bus you are traveling with, you should bring a rigid carrier that is smaller than the space we have specified on the bus, suitable for the size of your pet, and cannot be opened from the inside.
However, if you are traveling with another company, we recommend that you always find out their requirements for traveling with your pet on their website or by phone. Remember that veterinarians warn of this DO NOT travel with animals in the trunk when the temperature rises to 25 degrees.
#animals #AVE #buses #Andalusia #size #features