The National Meteorological Service (SMN) has issued numerous warnings in the last hours. extreme temperatures and confirmed that December will start with a It’s hot in Argentina.
There is warning for high temperatures in their towns 13 provinces and the City of Buenos Airesespecially in the central and western regions where high temperatures of 38 to 40 degrees Celsius are expected.
Also read: Stay hydrated and eat well, two things to consider in the face of a heatwave
It is so PetsLike humans, they suffer from and are affected by high summer temperatures.
For cats and dogs, Heat stroke is caused by a sudden increase in body temperature. This leads to symptoms of thirst, increased heart rate, excessive breathing, and mucous membranes and gums may become intensely pink or purple. lack of oxygen in the blood.
In many cases, it can lead to unconsciousness, suffer major problems such as kidney failure and heart complications. Before any of these symptoms are seen, it is necessary to go to the veterinarian immediately. However, there are different methods to achieve it. keep animals cool and prevent these situations from affecting their health.
Tips and tools to protect your pet
Different experts have listed a number of tips for keeping pets fresh and healthy:
- Comb: many believe that cutting hair at this time of year will help keep the animal cool, on the contrary, the hair serves to protect it from the sun, so cutting it leaves its skin vulnerable and unprotected. Frequent brushing is recommended to help keep them fresh.
- Ice: The water should be changed more often than usual. Putting it in the refrigerator or adding ice can keep it at the proper temperature for longer.
- Play: There is a wide variety of cooling toys on the market that perform two functions: to entertain the animal and to reduce the heat. From special pools for claws, to balls that release water when bitten, to bones ready to be put in the freezer and chewed.
Also read: This is what happens if you treat your dog like a human.
- Suntan cream: It is necessary for humans as well as for dogs and cats, especially those with depigmented skin. You can find it in special pet shops. blockers for veterinary usebut if you don’t have it, hypoallergenic human preservatives can be used.
- The five second rule: the pavement or cement It can reach temperatures between 50° and 60° at an ambient temperature of 30°. In this sense, walks should always be done at the lowest temperature, in shady and grassy places. In case of walking on asphalt andThe caregiver must put his hand on it first, and if he cannot hold it for more than five seconds, the animal will not.
“Pets are a the area that shields and protects them from the sun and heat. Rest areas should be cool, ventilated, where the sun’s rays do not penetrate and where they can get water and food without any obstructions, says Ayelén Geier, technical consultant for a large pet food company.
Also read: Dogs and cats don’t get along, myth or reality?
And he added: “Also, a balanced diet and it is very important that it is complete, especially in the summer when some tend to lose their appetite. Encouraging them to eat healthily and drink water constantly will keep them ready for this time of year so they can face it calmly and happily.”
#Heat #wave #protect #pet #high #temperatures
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings