He briefed the secretary of the United States embassy in Mexico. Foreign Affairs, Marcelo Ebrard, Édgar Valdez Villarreal is still in custody, but consultation with that country’s Bureau of Prisons (BOP) suggests otherwise.
After that THOUSAND YEARS The change in the status of the capo, who was arrested in 2010, revealed the legal status of Édgar Valdez Villarreal, Barbieled to a series of misunderstandings among their governments. Mexico and the United States.
While the BOP decided to put him on the “not in custody” list, he also assured the capo that he was serving his sentence, which will serve until 2056.
In an email, the Bureau of Prisons acknowledged that Valdez Villarreal appeared in this situation because he “could be receiving medical treatment, attending confidential hearings or for other reasons”, but declined to provide details of the US drug trafficker for security reasons. “.
In this regard, our Undersecretariat Foreign Affairs, Marcelo EbrardHe pointed out that the US government has yet to give its Mexican counterpart details about the “after” of this case, and although the US embassy told him that the capo is still in custody, “we’ll see if that happens” no, it was early today (yesterday).
Ebrard, who was interviewed in Tijuana, Baja California, said he has been asking for information from officials on the other side of the border since Monday.
“I have no confirmation yet that (Valdez Villarreal) has been released, that is, he is still in custody, but they did not inform us about what would happen next (…) The United States embassy told us that he is still in custody.”
After meeting with the export sector representatives, the foreign minister read a message sent by the authorities of that country on his mobile phone: Barbie until he completes his sentence.
“This is at 10:49 am today,” the official said.
He admitted that his collaborator was “very worried”. Beltran Leyva cartel.
The topic reached President López Obrador’s conference: “It is not yet known for certain whether he is still in custody.”
“This was announced yesterday by the MILENIO newspaper (…) we have to see if it is true, because information is requested, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Public Security is already doing it. It will be revealed today (Tuesday). If he’s not in jail, we have to see what the regulation is because his sentence was a few years.”
Barbie He no longer appears in the custody of the Bureau of Prisons (BOP), as he may be receiving medical treatment, attending confidential court hearings, or for “other reasons.” THOUSAND YEARS an office spokesperson.
“Prisoners who are previously in BOP custody and have not completed their sentences may not be in custody for a period of time for court hearings, medical treatment or other reasons,” Benjamin O’Cone said in an email.
He explained that for security and privacy reasons, no specific information was given about the inmates who are no longer in the custody of the bureau. In past cases, convicted prisoners have been released after reaching an agreement to cooperate in a criminal case or as part of a witness protection programme.
in 2018 Barbie He was sentenced to 49 years in prison after pleading guilty to smuggling cocaine into the United States and laundering drug money. According to the BOP itself, its release is scheduled for 2056.
Investigations by prosecutors in that country indicate that he was one of the key operators of Arturo Beltrán Leyva, who between 2004 and 2010 managed to establish a network of drug trafficking operations spanning up to three states of the American Union.
He was arrested in Mexico by Department of Public Security agents during an operation in the State of Mexico in 2010 before being extradited to the United States.
#Washington #messes #Barbies #legal #status
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings